We’re Hiring a System Technician
UPDATE: This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone that either applied or showed interest.
Bublr Bikes needs to find the right person to join their Operations Team for this coming summer and beyond! Help us find a System Technician to perform bike repairs, rebalance the system, keep all the stations up and running and handle customer service calls!
If you think you’d be a good fit–wonderful! If you think you know someone who’d be a good fit–forward the position announcement below to the folks in your network.
Bublr Bikes, Milwaukee’s bike share system, is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of System Technician.
Basic Function: Maintain the Bublr Bikeshare System – inclusive of bikes and stations.
- Build and maintain Bublr Bikes fleet.
- Clean and perform basic maintenance on stations.
- Keep the system balanced.
- Oversee Bike Mechanics.
- Inventory tracking.
- Customer service, including answering the phone and troubleshooting issues.
- Maintain a positive attitude and represent the Bublr brand in a highly professional manner.
- Basic data entry and computer use.
- Have weekend availability.
- Any other task your manager may assign.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Basic computer skills.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn.
- Able to listen to and closely follow instructions.
- Lift up to 55 lbs. repeatedly without assistance or injury.
- Over 21 with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior bicycle maintenance experience.
12 – 36 hours per week – $12.00-$15.00 per hour starting.
Within this pay range, the following factors will be considered: Responsibility; Motivation; Ability/willingness to work when most needed by Bublr, weekends etc.; Skill and/or prior experience as a mechanic; Cross training to other tasks, i.e. events and/or customer service; Fluency in needed languages i.e. Spanish; performance evaluations.
This is an at-will position.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jobs@BublrBikes.com no later than 5pm on Monday the 22nd of February 2016.
NOTE: Employment will require a criminal background check.